OpenSSL support and Crash in COMP_CTX_free on Mac OS X?
Jeffrey Walton
2014-03-07 00:08:45 UTC
I jumped to OS X from Linux for some quick testing. I could not help
but notice a crash in COMP_CTX_free started when the SSL object is
free'd after a call to bufferevent_free.

The crash occurs under no load with 1 test connection.

Has anyone else experienced the same?
Jeffrey Walton
2014-03-07 02:14:31 UTC
So it appears this issue is related to Mac OS X not honoring an RPATH.
I compile and link against OpenSSL 1.0.1e, but OS X dylinks OpenSSL
0.9.8.

I built libevent against OpenSSL 1.0.1e via -I and `-L`. I built my
program against OpenSSL 1.0.1e via -I and -L. including LDFLAGS of
`-Wl,-rpath /usr/local/ssl/darwin`.

When I look at it under the debugger:

(gdb) file ./ac-test.exe
(gdb) b main
(gdb) r
(gdb) info shared
The DYLD shared library state has been initialized from the
executable's shared library information. All symbols should be
present, but the addresses of some symbols may move when the program
is executed, as DYLD may relocate library load addresses if necessary.
Requested State Current State
Num Basename Type Address Reason | | Source
1 dyld - 0x7fff5fc00000 dyld Y Y
/usr/lib/dyld at 0x7fff5fc00000 (offset 0x0) with prefix "__dyld_"
2 ac-test.exe - 0x100000000 exec Y Y
/Users/jwalton/ac-test/ac-test.exe (offset 0x0)
38 libssl.0.9.8.dylib - 0x7fff8d0b5000 dyld Y Y
/usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib at 0x7fff8d0b5000 (offset 0x7fff8d0b5000)
39 libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib - 0x7fff87d1b000 dyld Y Y
/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib at 0x7fff87d1b000 (offset
0x7fff87d1b000)