Add -rpath to Makefile?
Jeffrey Walton
2014-03-04 01:25:05 UTC
Forgive my autotools ignorance here....

I'm trying to track down an issue with ECDSA certificates. I want to
add a couple of linker paths and a rpath to libevent during build.

How do I add an -rpath to libevent's Makefile? Is it as simple as
adding it it to LDFLAGS in Makefile and things will just work? Or is
an LDFLAGS envar before `config` the recommended way of doing it?

Thanks in advance.
Vincent Bernat
2014-03-04 08:41:15 UTC
Post by Jeffrey Walton
I'm trying to track down an issue with ECDSA certificates. I want to
add a couple of linker paths and a rpath to libevent during build.
How do I add an -rpath to libevent's Makefile? Is it as simple as
adding it it to LDFLAGS in Makefile and things will just work? Or is
an LDFLAGS envar before `config` the recommended way of doing it?
./configure LDFLAGS="..."
--
Don't stop at one bug.
Jeffrey Walton