polarSSL support
Bill Vaughan
2014-05-15 17:17:09 UTC
Hello,

I have used libevent on two projects now with great success. I use the
bufferevent_ssl() APIs on one project, but I now have a requirement to work
with PolarSSL. I really like the well documented and clean PolarSSL APIs,
but since it is GPL I suppose no one has created a PolarSSL implementation
for libevent? At least I didn't see much on this after searching around a
bit.

BTW...Nick: you and your contributors have done a great job with libevent.
I really enjoy working with it. Just did a solo project for an airline and
it is running right now with 20K+ concurrent connections.

Thanks,
-Bill
Mark Ellzey
2014-05-16 17:52:17 UTC
Post by Bill Vaughan
Hello,
I have used libevent on two projects now with great success. I use the
bufferevent_ssl() APIs on one project, but I now have a requirement to work
with PolarSSL. I really like the well documented and clean PolarSSL APIs,
but since it is GPL I suppose no one has created a PolarSSL implementation
for libevent? At least I didn't see much on this after searching around a
bit.
BTW...Nick: you and your contributors have done a great job with libevent.
I really enjoy working with it. Just did a solo project for an airline and
it is running right now with 20K+ concurrent connections.
Thanks,
-Bill
Greetings Bill,

I wrote this as an example a long time ago, it may be of use.

https://strcpy.net/mark/polarssl-test.c

I discussed creating an external project for bufferevent_polarssl (has
to be external due to licensing) with Ousado. But I am lazy. Maybe one
day.